Wednesday 20 January 2010

Film Magazine Cover Photo Plan

For my magazine cover, I decided to have it for a more substream film magazine, since the market seems dominated by mainstream only-reporting-on-blockbusters magazines like Total Film and Empire. Since I chose to make a more indie, neo noir film, I felt these weren't the right way to promote my product, as it wouldn't reach my target audience.

I chose to base my main photo on this photo of the band S.C.U.M. (below)


I liked this image and chose it as my inspiration because it shows posession, which is part of the idea of the my film, that the antagonist kills to possess the girls beauty so no one else can have it, but the hand leaves enough of the face uncovered to still show her beauty.

However, I want the eyes to be the focus point of the photo, as in my film poster, so for my version I moved the hand to cover the girl's mouth.

Below is a mock up I drew of the photo I want to take as my main cover photo.


As this was a fairly quick drawing, I haven't included the man's body behind the girl's head and because I can't draw hands so well, it looks as though the hand is just in front of her, when in reality I want to have it holding her face (and possibly lower.)
Besides that, I have chosen to have a different girl in the trailer, as she looks like a more stereotypical film noir actress and I thought her black hair would look more striking when the photo is put in black&white.

No comments:

Post a Comment