Sunday 24 January 2010

Title fonts

After finishing the photo for my magazine cover, I had to chose a title, this including choosing a suitable name and font.
I chose to make a fairly arty magazine name, with a title that showed it concentrated on the genre my film is, but at the same time I didn't want to simply call it 'Film Noir' or 'Neo Noir' but I wanted to keep the word Noir involved. So, I based my title off one of the magazine covers I analysed ("retro cinema") and decided to call it Cinema Noir.

After deciding this, I moved onto choosing a font. I wanted it to mirror that of old fashioned fonts that would have used around the time when Film Noir first appeared.
In the end I chose the below three fonts.



After doing a small survey of what was the preferred font, there was a draw between first and third fonts above. Because of this, I went with the font I preferred which is the third, as I felt it looked less commercial and more arty.

No comments:

Post a Comment